• As Wei Ling’s husband is Australian she knew eBay Australia was a very active site with high
demand for a variety of merchandise.
• When deciding what to sell, fashion seemed the natural choice as she had worked in the
clothing business previously.
• During one of their trips to Australia, her husband chanced upon the idea of selling plus size
apparel as the selection available in shops there was unattractive and limited.
• Wei Ling had found her niche and it wasn’t long before her eBay business, Pretty Curve,
• With the help from a friend who runs a clothing factory in China she was able to produce
exclusive designs for larger, curvier women in limited quantities.
• Wei Ling’s initial challenge was creating attractive plus size apparel. She had to experiment
with styles, colors, materials and pricing to achieve her current winning formula.
Keys to Success
• The credibility Wei Ling has built up over time is reaping rich dividends. When her reputation
scores crossed the 1,000 mark, business really picked up.
• Her high reputation scores can be attributed to her willingness to go the extra mile to make
• To Wei Ling, having the right shipping partner can make or break an eBay business. Using
a reliable, yet reasonably priced shipping service greatly reduces the number of unsatisfied