Here are some simple hints to help your purchase go smoothly:
- Email the seller with any questions you may have.
- Call the seller if you have won an item by requesting your trading partner's contact information.
- Check a seller's feedback before you make a bid.
- Contact the seller before bidding if they have no feedback or negative feedback.
- Investigate whether the seller has successfully sold similar items.
- Be sure you know postage & handling charges before you bid.
- Ask to have your item posted in a traceable manner.
- Consider using PayPal as a payment means if it is an available option - many listings are covered by PayPal's Buyer Protection Programme.
- Be wary of sellers who only accept one form of payment. This may be a cause for concern, especially when the seller exclusively requests bank cheques, wire transfers or cash.
- Never send cash and use caution when paying with cash equivalents such as bank deposits.
- Don't assume without confirmation that claims about an item's condition or value are true, or that photographs are accurate.
- Exercise caution when purchasing items with a significantly delayed delivery time. Review our pre-sale listing policy.